Google+

March 29, 2009

I Admit When I'm Wrong...Sort Of

I'm getting used to a trend where I post an article applauding the triumph of some underdog or other only to be immediately discounted by their loss in the next round.

Sure that happened again in Miami -- John Isner and Amer Delic both lost their second round matches, and Mardy Fish was upset by Nicolas Massu. But on the other hand, I did get a few right.

Taylor Dent was impressive in his third round win over Tommy Robredo, a man who's won two titles already this year and has brought his ranking from #22 in January to #16 now. And Samantha Stosur simply crushed second-seeded Dinara Safina in straight sets, the first time she's ever scored a victory against the Australian Open runner-up.

There will be plenty more upsets in Miami, I predict. But this could be the tournament for Taylor and Samantha to really shine.

I'll be rooting for them -- hopefully for more than one more round.

No comments: